28 March 2007

Why I Like Living in the South -- Part 2

I realized that I have a couple additional kudos to give the South:

* I can wear fun colors and frilly stuff to work and still be viewed as professional. How great is that? I can do my hair and make up all up and still be viewed as professional. (Brooke is not a huge fan of the makeup look, so, I don't -- but the point is, I can!)

* Pedicures and sandals are a way of life and the season lasts from the end of March through early October.

* Country music suddenly makes sense and does not seem so darned contrived. I mean, there is a strip mall near us with a shop called "Critterville Outlet" -- guess what they do? They are taxidermists! Isn't that just straight out of a country music song? Gigging frogs makes sense -- those songs actually reflect how people live down here. It's amazing.

4 comments:

Mary Beth said...

You mean like the guy who walks into the feed store with an empty bucket and tells the proprietor that he "needs some minners (minnows)"?

Yay! for sandals and pedicures. All the moms in Kindermusik today were talking about how it was time to get their toes done. I thought I could hold out for at least another month, but I've been wearing sandals for at least that long so I think it's time.

Mercedes said...

I decided today that I wanted to hack my formal business shoes into little tiny pieces and wear nothing but sandals for the rest of this pregnancy. I am having a pedicure done on Saturday, so, after a trip to DSW I should be set! Hopefully the attorney who sits right across from me and is due two days after me will follow suit . . .

Kel Bel said...

Can I just say that I LOVE that you have crossed to the dark side and been converted to a country music fan?

Anonymous said...

I don't live in the South and can do make up and still be viewed as professional ;)