12 March 2007

No Improvement

Day #13 of the cold-that-would-not-go-away. At least I no longer feel like my head is wrapped in cotton and, well, that's all I can say has improved. I have now developed the cough, which at times has me retching into the garbage can at work. It is lovely. LOVELY.

The nausea is also not improving. Not at all. At this point, I don't care how much weight I gain during this pregnancy, as long as it means that I stop feeling nauseous and have an appetite big enough to eat and eat and eat. I got a cheeseburger for lunch yesterday -- it was not a big cheeseburger -- and I could only eat half of it. That is pathetic. Lunch today was red grapes and a cinnamon roll. Breakfast went onto the grass outside a church on my way to work.

At one point, before this dumb cold, I had managed to gain five pounds. Now it is back to two pounds. The baby is fine though -- kicks a decent amount, and seems to be at his kicking glory around the same times Drew Caleb kicked me every day -- the 4 o'clock hour and at night right after I lie down to go to sleep.

I started sorting through Drew's old clothes yesterday, since they will have an encore with our new little guy. I have tons of 0-3 months clothes that barely have any wear -- Drew grew quickly. The 6-9 months clothes win in terms of sheer numbers, though. While we definitely do not need to buy a stitch of new clothing for Tunstall Boy #2, it will be kind of fun to pick out special pieces just for him.

Wish me luck on tomorrow's ultrasound and with feeling better, after all. :-)

3 comments:

Mary Beth said...

I'll be thinking about you tomorrow in the ultrasound. Let us know what you find out. I can't believe you're still sick...I'm so sorry. I've gained seven pounds, so let's just pretend I've gained some of that for you. You can come claim it any time.

I'm going to go through Joshua's clothes this week to find anything gender-neutral. One of the good things about a boy would have been not having to buy any new clothes, although I bought my first dress last weekend and I can't stop staring at it.

Kat E said...

Sending good thoughts your way :)

Mary Beth said...

Any word from the ultrasound?