07 March 2007

It's a Boy!

Yes, we have boy #2 on the way! Our plan all the way along has been that if we have two boys, then we will adopt a little girl in a couple of years. I am NOT going to have three little boys running me ragged! So, I guess we're adopting!

There were two small things that appeared on the ultrasound that need following up -- water on the kidneys and a bright spot on the heart. If either one had shown up by itself, they would not have sent us for a more in-depth ultrasound, but, since there were two things that popped up, we will be going for a more in-depth ultrasound. While water on the kidneys is a weak indicator of Down's Syndrome, our first-trimester screening was so strong, they are not concerned and just think it is one of those things (very common with boys, apparently). And, the bright spot on the heart could potentially point to some heart problems that they would need to be prepared for once the baby was born.

Drew Caleb had a small hole in his heart after he was born and went to a pediatric cardiologist for the first year, but, the hole has closed up and never caused him any problems. So, hopefully, if there is a problem it is something simple like that.

So, now we have a nursery to decorate (I am thinking of a cowboy theme), a name to choose, and Drew's old clothes to dig through and categorize so that they will be ready for Tunstall Boy #2!

As Brooke told his dad, "Mercedes is taking her wifely duty to populate the Tunstall name seriously!" :-)

3 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Wow! I was sure it was a girl! I have my results, too, but Jay doesn't know yet. I think I should tell him first...

Sorry they found funny things in the ultrasound but I'm sure all will be well. I had no idea that Drew was seeing a cardiologist. Just goes to show that it will all be fine!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on another boy. I really hope that all turns out well with the kidneys and heart.

I like the plan of adopting a girl in a couple years. I've been planting that same seed in Greg's head in case our second is a boy. The vision I have of "trying for a girl" ends with me in a house full of boys. And I don't enjoy being pregnant that much.

Anonymous said...

Mercedes,

Congratulations on baby boy #2:) I hope all went well with the testing. Joe and I are having baby number 3 in May...ours is a boy as well. We're in the process of changing our nursery from pink to blue to prepare.

Take care,
Angie