26 February 2007

Queasy

So, I am now in my seventeenth week of pregnancy and am still having morning sickness. It has taken on new and unexpected dimensions -- such as the one moment you're fine, next moment you're puking on the garage floor aspect OR the feel sick if you don't eat enough, eat too much, eat protein, don't eat protein aspect.

I keep feeling as though I should be able to "crack the code" and reliably follow a certain diet, eating schedule, SOMETHING to stop from getting sick. But, nothing seems to make a difference. And, I think I am mentally exhausted from trying to take all of the data about what makes me sick and calculate a sick-proof approach.

So, I think I just have to face the possibility that I will:
  1. Be sick for the rest of the pregnancy;
  2. Not be able to figure out a method to the sickness-madness; and
  3. Need to take my anti-nausea pills regularly.

That's hard for me to accept, but, as I said, I am tired of coming up with theories about what will stop it.

So, I just look at my little boy and know that I would definitely, no doubt about it, have felt/been sick every single day in order to be blessed with him, and I will feel no differently about this little one. I just wish I could get away without having to actually feel/be sick! :-)

2 comments:

Mary Beth said...

I'm so sorry this still sucks for you. Reglan pump?

Kat E said...

I once read an interesting theory that people who like salty foods had mothers who had more nausea during pregnancy...the thought being that puking so much would make you dehydrated and thus create a higher salt concentration in the body during pregnancy...so the baby grows up with an affinity for salt. Perhaps something you can ponder that will distract you from feeling sick for a few moments? ;)