21 February 2007

Just Some Thoughts

I know my posts are really long. I just do not seem to be able to make them shorter -- there is so much to say once I get going, you know. But, I will try to do better. So, here are my thoughts of the day:

1. I wonder if my little boy will ever know how much I love him. I have the menu for his pre-school taped to the wall behind my laptop screen at work, and I obsess over whether he will like the food or not everyday. Today was Salisbury Steak and peas. Drew has had neither, ever (Brooke and I HATE peas). The report from Brooke is that Drew did not eat his lunch, much as Mommy expected.

2. I wish it was Thursday already.

3. Girl Scout cookies are addictive. There are two, cute-as-a-button blonde little girls walking around the legal department right now, pushing a mail cart full of cookies. Do I buy more?

4. Morning sickness blows, especially while you're visiting with friends you hardly get to see or sitting in a meeting, and especially when you're at 16 weeks and it should have stopped by now!

5. Kelly Kelly Kelly Kelly (go on, click on it!)

2 comments:

Mary Beth said...

No peas!?!?! That's the default vegetable around here. If no other green is going in his hole, we sneak peas into something. Although I'm not a big fan either.

I hope you went for the cookies. You're pregnant. That's license to eat whatever you want, right? Like two Nestle-Tollhouse pull-apart Turtle cookies and a bowl full of Spice Cake ice cream?

Anonymous said...

Mercedes--Welcome to the world of Internet Blogging!

I'm with MB on the peas. The only green we can get Ty to eat are peas. I refused to eat them before this year, but have learned to tolerate them in self-defense. As the mother of a picky eater, my son is surviving on hot dogs, peas, cheese and peanut butter right now.